Yes, we’re moving ahead with the Vancouver Virtual Assistant Workshop on August 6, 2010. Thanks to Renee Shupe, The Redhead VA, and Minna Van of The Network Hub, we have a great location and lots of great information to present. You can read the Press Release posted at PRLog.
The workshop will be very interactive and include exercises to help virtual assistants:
- Clearly define their ideal client
- Create marketing strategies to reach ideal clients
- Learn how to convert prospects to ideal clients
- Network in person in such a way as to create word of mouth referrals
- Create a newsletter to engage with prospects and client
All attendees at the Vancouver workshop will also receive a copy of Building Blocks: Succeed as a Chief Virtual Officer. There will also be a drawing for 5 copies of the ebook on CD, Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn – A Quick-Start Guide for Virtual Assistants by Christine Giri of Time Tamer Consulting.
Details and registration can be found at Event Brite.
I’ve been busy working with individuals and businesses who would like to sponsor and support our efforts to work while on the road. This week I’m specifically working with those who want to sponsor and support the workshop for virtual assistants we are planning in August in Vancouver. We are working to create a situation where each sponsors and supporter receives as much value from their support of our efforts as we receive. That way everyone wins!
So here are some things I’m working on this week to gain support for our trip to host a workshop for virtual assistants in Vancouver.
- Contacted 4 organizations related to the virtual assistant industry for sponsorship in exchange for promoting their organizations in every way possible
- Contacted an additional organization we do business with to discuss possible sponsorship
- Contacted individuals who are willing to contribute physical product, such as a book or CD, for give aways at the workshop in exchange for promoting their services and product. We already have 2 confirmed and are awaiting details to announce shortly.
- Contacted Virtual Assistants around the world asking to support the cause by purchasing one or more of our products for Virtual Assistants, such as the book The Commonsense Virtual Assistant – Becoming an Entrepreneur, Not an Employee, or the workbook, Building Blocks: Succeed as a Chief Virtual Officer, in exchange for promoting their businesses.
There has been great response to date and lots of support and well wishers. Donations are beginning to come in and those who are not able to give monetary support are asking how else they can support the cause. Here are ways you can show your support.
- Click that Donate button on the left and make a donation of any amount.
- Click on the Store button on the navigation bar and make a purchase. More items will be added soon.
- Follow us on Twitter (@NomadCanfields) and retweet our posts.
- Share this blog with everyone you know and mention it on Facebook.
Thank you to those of you who have already shown your support in some way or another! Watch for updates daily. We’ll be acknowledging our supports on our Shout Outs and Ballyhoo page.