Since moving to Rice Lake, Wisconsin in April 2012, we haven’t done a whole lot of traveling that we’ve written about. I’m going to try to make sure and write about our travels this month though in May 2013.
This month’s trip will take us out of the snow we just had on May 2 to a nice hot 100 in Arizona.
We’re taking the month to eventually get the rest of our stuff out of storage in California. That will be near the end of the month. Here’s our basic itinerary:
- May 6 – Leave Rice Lake, WI and drive to Kansas City, MO; stay overnight at a hotel we’ve already booked.
- May 7 – Drive from Kansas City to probably Delhart, TX where we’ll stay at a hotel we stayed in last time we were through that part of Texas.
- May 8 – From Delhart drive to Phoenix, Arizona and be warmly welcomed by our very good friend Terry Wilson and his lovely wife Virgie. Go swimming in their pool in 100 degree weather! :)
- May 9 – Visit with Terry & Virgie and that night Joel will get to play music with Terry and his band.
- May 10-12 – Stay with our friend Dan and his family in another section of Phoenix.
- May 13-18 – Back to Terry & Virgie’s to visit more, play music, swim, swim, swim.
- May 19 – Visit with Sue’s Uncle Phil & family in Glendale, Arizona. Sue hasn’t seen her Uncle in about 30 years.
- May 20 – Drive from Phoenix to San Diego, California. Stay at a hotel in Chula Vista that has a pool.
- May 21 – Visit with Joel’s brother and family
- May 22 – Visit with Sue’s mom; possibly go to Balboa Park.
- May 23 – Visit with Joel’s sister and family (read about their recent road trip); stay overnight with friends Ken & Kelly in San Diego
- May 24 – Drive up to Northern California and visit with Tom Bentley.
- May 25 – Drive to San Francisco and visit with David Reffkin.
- May 26-28 Stay with good friends Pam & Phil in Roseville, California. Pick up stuff still in storage. Fiona spends two days with her sister Rachelle.
- May 29 – Leave California for Idaho
- May 30 – Drive through Montana
- May 31 – Drive through Wyoming, North Dakota
- June 1 – Arrive back in Rice Lake, Wisconsin
Of course it’s all subject to change. I plan to take pictures and keep a written journal and hopefully post often here. Fiona may post at her website as well.
We plan on having a blast!